I use the word Clarity quite a bit because it has deep meaning for women who are trying to understand their purpose.
A woman who feels like she should be doing something more in her life, a woman that feels like she is afraid… Afraid of failing, afraid of moving forward into the unknown… this word Clarity brings deeper meaning into their lives.
One big question to ask yourself that helps in gaining Clarity, is “what is my purpose in life?”
Purpose gives you a sense of fulfillment, a sense of joy and happiness in knowing who you are and what you’re meant to do in life.
It’s very easy to get lost in the mental process of trying to figure out how to deal with life. If you’ve ever been faced with a tough decision you’ll know that it can be hard to avoid getting caught up in never-ending thinking, calculating, worrying and second guessing.
Deep within you is a strong power, a power within your mind that may be blocked by stress or having an overactive mind.
The problem is that most of the time we are too mentally clouded to allow these insights, or understandings within our mind to surface and become apparent to us.
So what I do with my coaching, when working with my amazing clients, is I help them to dig deep into the center, dig deep into understanding who they are and what their purpose is. Helping them to establish routines and habits that help them to rely on themselves, digging deep into understanding themselves and being happy with who they are on the inside.
This isn’t an easy road, but once you’ve gained clarity into understanding who you are and your purpose, that fear that has been holding you back for so long, that fog in your brain that’s kept you stuck, is no longer a block or factor keeping you from being optimal success in your life.
There are 3 KEY steps in helping you to gain clarity, confidence, and direction:
1. The first step is self-awareness, in discovering TRULY who you are. This is a realization of what is going on inside you and around you. In gaining clarity your perspective about yourself and your life begin to change.
- You begin paying attention & noticing things that have always been around you
- You see things in a new light and begin to shift your perspective in certain areas of your life
- It often seems as if you are opening your eyes for the first time—really seeing what is POSSIBLE in your life. Figuring out your true needs, your true capabilities, and questioning yourself as to where to go next.
With self-awareness, you realize that you have been “blinded” by the norms of what people consider life, and now you are ready to LIVE.
2. The second step is Direction, clarifying what you want. Your direction can be a place, an experience, and state of being or profession.
- When you know where you are going it gives you a greater sense of purpose and determination. It helps you create a plan to move forward since you know where forward is.
- You need to be aware of your vision, which is a picture of your future or present life that serves as inspiration and foundation for planning and goal setting.
- You need to be aware of your purpose, which shows up in the impact you are having and the one you would like to have in your life and work. Impact includes the type of difference you want to make in your work and life. It contributes to a sense of fulfillment
3. Next we have Exploration & Action, which are basically getting started on your own path. This process allows you to take what you’ve learned about who you are and where you are going and learn what further knowledge, skills, or experience is needed—what it will take for you to get what you want!
- You begin to create specific goals and from those goals you create an action plan to work through and achieve them
- Your goals should be written down. What is most important when writing goals is that they align with your vision and intentions and that they are clear enough so you can take action around them.
- Your plan includes the bigger picture of all your goals and how they fit together toward the realization of your vision and intentions.
- Your strategy is your method of working through your goals that may include time you will devote to each goal, choosing which comes first, which goals may have a ripple effect on the others and much more. Having a strategy helps you integrate your exploration and action into your daily life
With these Key steps you are able to gain a more clear and confident direction in who you are and what you want in life. When you are clear in taking action or clear in who you are, you gain the confidence in KNOWING what you need to do and how to get it done.
This is NOT an easy process by any means, but it’s necessary when you feel like you’re stuck, you’re wanting something better for your life, and you’re wanting to succeed.
Success and change takes action, and as a personal empowerment coach, that’s what I am here to help you do!