Whether the habit is good or bad, we do it because its “comfortable.”
A lot of times we do things that we know we truly desire to change, we want to change, and we want to do better, but the comfort of the habit will always give us the same results that we are used to, therefore we stick with it.
This is truly what is called a comfort zone.
And sadly your comfort zone isn’t always so “comfortable” as in comforting you in a healthy and positive way.
Think about it; do you have an unhealthy comfort zone in your personal relationships? Your job? Your work ethic?
Procrastination is a comfort zone for some, because we know that if we don’t push the limit, we won’t fail. Due to fear of failure, we birth the mentality of procrastination, which can keep us feeling “stuck,” unmotivated, and frustrated!
So what can you do about this?
One thing that we often do when we are stuck in comfort is fear the unknown of trying something new. Although we truly want something new, something good, we fear the change.
So for my non-writers and my writers, this exercise is for you if you want to take a step forward in psychologically getting yourself out of the “comfort zone” that’s keeping you from reaching a new level of success and happiness in your life and business.
1. Ask yourself, “What about my comfort zone do I truly like?” – This question is important because we go through life DOING, forming a habit, without CONSCIOUSLY thinking, so bringing awareness to a habit, creates room for change
2. Ask yourself, “What am I truly wanting in my life and from my life through the actions and decisions that I make?” – This question touches on what question #1 details, but this question also leads you into thinking more in depth about the “bigger picture” of your desires and goals
3. Ask yourself, “What can I do today to create a change in my thinking? What can I do today to create a change in my actions?” – We often look outside of ourselves for the answers in how we want to create change, but in reality, we know how, we just don’t question and ask ourselves in the right frame of mind. Having these questions, creates direction subconsciously to began a thinking pattern for change
4. Ask yourself, “What can I eliminate today that is a distraction in keeping me fro creating positive change in my life?” – Asking yourself this question will truly get you into the thought process of realizing what you are “settling” and “allowing” in your life that you do have the power to get rid of, that can be helping in keeping you from reaching success
5. Ask yourself, “What goal can I achieve today mentally and physically that will get me one step closer to my desires and dreams for my life and business? – Asking yourself this question is truly helping you to take action in making A STEP in the right direction. The reason you need this is because “faith without works is dead.” You can hope, pray, and manifest things to happen in your life, but you have to create an environment in your life, in your mind that will INVITE what you’re wanting into your life. “Out with the old and in with the new!”
Staying in comfort is a mindset. It’s the mindset that it’s been a habit day in and day out that has worked for you, that has created some form of success or stability that it’s enough (20%) to keep you running, but barely running because your happiness, your productivity, your emotions are barely at where they should be!
We only live one life and it’s your choice to live it empowered and successful or live it in the “settle land.”
The choice is yours! What’re you going to choose for yourself TODAY?